Our teachers met today to prepare to invite students back to learning centers and support students virtually with independent study coursework. We are pleased to hear the notices of many evacuation orders being lifted and the increasing reports of fire containment. With that, we feel confident in re-opening our learning centers in Rohnert Park and Vallejo tomorrow Tuesday October 17th. Our Angwin site remains closed until further notice. In Rohnert Park, Vallejo and San Rafael, all classes, meetings and services resume as usual beginning tomorrow. Independent Study Teachers will be in touch with each family to coordinate meetings and assignments. Learning center class teachers are preparing updates to their coursework and we will send a summary via the bulletin later today or tomorrow. All teachers recognize that during these first few weeks students will need accommodations on attendance at site classes, deadlines and access to materials. We are all here to support students’ success so please feel free to ask or what you think your student needs during this time.
We want to continue to provide support to families in whatever capacity we can. Here are a few of the resources and tools we have put into place:
- Using ebulletin and the website news and announcement sections for updates (scroll down from on the home page)
- Adding a section for emergency resources to our website located at: Parents- Resources and Forms
- Coordinating counseling services: We hope to have someone on site a few hours both this Wednesday and Thursday with extended services not next week as needed
- Parent resources: Please find attached some tools from mental health providers on how to help students cope with crisis. Also, another local charter school, Live Oak in Petaluma, has posted some great lectures on their Facebook page with information about trauma and anxiety: https://www.facebook.com/liveoakcharterschool/
- Supporting families who lost their homes: We already have $2,600 pledged at our fundraising site for families or staff who have lost homes! Thank you for your generosity! If your family lost a home and you would like to receive donations, please contact Sara Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org. To make a donation please visit: https://www.plumfund.com/financial-hardship/supporting-pathways-families
- Other resources? We would like to help families connect with other needed resources. One link we have found useful is: http://sonomafireinfo.com/#/
- We have space to serve other students that may be displaced from their current schools- we can offer either short-term of long term placements. Please contact your local Area Coordinator if you want to refer a family or friend for their support.
We are all committed to walking with you along this path to recovery and healing. We greatly look forward to seeing your precious children this week! Thank you for trusting us as your educational partners. Take care.
Pathways Charter School