We serve students in all of Marin County from our office in San Rafael.
4340 Redwood Hwy Suite E-356
San Rafael, CA 94903
If you have urgent questions and are unable to reach the San Rafael office, please contact our main administrative offices in Rohnert Park at 707-585-6510. Thank you.
Classes are designed for students who want to learn and are excited about being in a group setting for part of their educational program. Class enrollment requires an interest in the topic and positive participation in the group; appropriate behavior and contributions are expected. Please review the options carefully with your student to ensure that your student is excited about participating in the classes you are considering. We strongly encourage you to discuss all aspects of group classes with your student. Remember, these classes are generally not a requirement and if a student is hesitant about attending a class, please discuss other options with your Independent Study Teacher. For students who do attend classes, we request and assume a commitment to regular attendance and respect for our class instructors. In addition, many of our classes require independent work done outside of class. Parental support and oversight of this homework is expected and an important part of student success.
Arriving at classes, leaving classes, and behavior during classes are critical areas where we need cooperation from students and parents, to ensure student safety and a positive learning environment for all students. We want to communicate a clear set of guidelines and make apparent our need for student cooperation and parent support. Therefore, in addition to the Student Rules for Conduct found in the Parent & Student Handbook with which all students are expected to comply, students must also behave in accordance with the Class Contract, which is incorporated into the Acknowledgement of Responsibilities that all parents and students sign each year. If you have questions or concerns regarding these policies and procedures, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your support.
Important reminders about class participation:
- Prior to registering your student, please confirm the following with your Pathways teacher: (1) the appropriateness of enrollment (grade or skill or interest level, willingness or ability to learn in a group setting, immunization status), and (2) the availability of PCS student funds.
- Class fees will be deducted from PCS student budgets during the third week of classes.
- For more information about a particular class, please contact the instructor directly.
- Double-check the registration procedures for your student’s class, see individual class descriptions for more information, and please remember to copy your Pathways teacher on all registration communications.
- For all PCS classes, a current Pathways Student Emergency Card must be on file before attendance at the first class each year.
- Once enrolled, students are expected to attend all class meetings in a given session; no make-up classes or refunds will be given for missed classes.
- A commitment to regular attendance and respect for class instructors and fellow students is expected, and lack of compliance with either will be grounds for removal from class participation. Behaviors considered disruptive and disrespectful to the teacher or fellow students will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the class.
- Students must arrive for and be picked up from class in a timely manner, with no late arrivals and no gaps in schedule. We have limited class time and late arrivals disrupt the class flow and learning for everyone. In addition, we are not equipped to monitor unsupervised students (i.e., those not in a class or meeting with their teacher).