- Applications received by March 1st, 2021 will be included in a public lottery on March 8th which creates a numbered waitlist. Visit our calendar HERE to access the Lottery event with a Zoom invitation.
- As space is available for 2021-22, students on the waitlist will be offered an enrollment spot in numbered order. Families must accept or decline their spot within one week.
- Applications received after March 1st will go into a new lottery pool should the waitlist drawn on March 8th be exhausted.
- Submit an enrollment interest form: English version or Spanish version.
- Expect an auto-response email with information on the next steps.
- If space is available, then you will receive an email invitation to complete the enrollment process online. Please check your spam folder if you do not see the email in your inbox. Our staff is available for assistance.
- If there is no space available, you will receive an email from our staff inviting you to add your student's name to our lottery pool. Once space becomes available, a numbered waitlist will be drawn and you will be informed when there is a seat available for your child.
Who Enrolls at Pathways?
Pathways Charter School is a personalized learning program that uses the model of independent study. We serve a broad range of TK-12 students who have a variety of previous educational backgrounds. People learn about Pathways Charter School in different ways: families currently enrolled in the school might refer another student or family; some students are referred by homeschooling or charter school organizations; other families, looking for a better academic program for their students, find us through local resources. Please note that we are not a daily site-based program.
Students may enter Kindergarten only if they turn five prior to September 2nd. Students who will have their fifth birthday between September 2nd and December 2nd may elect to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten.
Please note: Pathways does not have an early admission policy; therefore, students may not just enroll in Kindergarten on their fifth birthday. Transitional Kindergarten is an option for students meet the age requirements, but it is not mandatory.
Pathways is a public charter school open to all students living in our service counties (Sonoma, Solano, Napa, and Marin). Pathways does not discriminate and accepts all students, space permitting. We enroll new students throughout the year until we have reached capacity. Our enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, and each region has its own maximum enrollment based on staffing. If there is space available and you receive an enrollment invitation, you have one week to complete your registration online; otherwise, we will drop your student’s name from our pending enrollment list. For students placed in a lottery pool, when space does become available, all students in the lottery pool are randomly drawn and placed on a numbered waitlist. We then offer space to students in order from that list. Once your student does have a space in our program, you will receive a call from our office asking if you’d still like to register your child. Finally, once enrollment registration is completed, you will get a call from your child’s Independent Study Teacher (IST) to set an initial planning meeting. Your student’s first day of enrollment at Pathways will be no sooner than the date of that initial meeting/
As a public school, we serve all students. If you have questions about our service delivery model as part of an independent study program, please contact our Student Services Coordinator, Elizabeth Sanchez, at 707-585-6518.
With the advent of SB277, many parents have questions about immunizations. Generally, students fall into several categories:
Fully immunized: These students may participate in our program and access all site classes and resources.
Medical waiver: These students may participate in our program and access all site classes and resources.
IEP provision: If students must access classes as indicated in their IEP, then they may do so (regardless of immunization status).
Partially immunized or not immunized but with a valid Personal Belief Exemption: A Personal Belief Exemption (PBE) filed with a school prior to January 1, 2016, is valid until the student's entry into the next grade span (Kindergarten or 7th grade). If a student has already reached 7th grade by the 2015-2016 school year, then that student’s existing PBE is valid until the student graduates from high school. Valid PBEs may be transferred between schools in California. These students may participate in our program and access all site classes and resources.
Partially immunized or not immunized and without a valid PBE: Students who failed to complete the series of required immunizations within the specified time allowed under the law are welcome to participate in our Independent Study program but will not be allowed to attend site classes until the series of immunizations have been completed. However, students will still be able to enter our buildings to meet with their Independent Study Teacher and participate in one-on-one tutoring (or similar individually-administered services).
If you still have questions about our program or this enrollment process, please contact your region's Principal:
Sonoma County: Christine Bendik at 707-585-6520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Solano/Napa Counties: Jill Dorsey at 707-642-2450 or email@example.com
Marin County: Michele Blaisdell at 415-524-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org