Guidance Department Main
Welcome to the PCS Guidance Department!
Pathways actively supports students in developing an Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) to support their post-high school goals. For some students, this means direct entrance to a UC, CSU or private college and Pathways has a full complement of a-g approved courses which allow students to enter a university directly following high school. Others may want to attend a local community college and transfer to a university after earning their AA/AS degree, or complete an industry certificate program. Finally, other students may choose to embark on a career or other life plan. We can support all of these pathways. We offer guidance and support in a variety of formats.
- Academic Advising
- Trained and experienced Independent Study Teachers (ISTs) help students review Graduation Requirements, the High School Course Catalog offerings, region specific Class offerings and develop Individual Career and Academic Plans (ICAPs).
- Senior Grad Check meetings. Our Guidance Coordinator reaches out to all seniors.
- College Information
- 4-year college advising to explore CSU, UC, and other 4-year college options. Contact Guidance Coordinator, Naomi Yedlosky, to schedule an appointment after meeting with your IST.
- Community College information, including the Pathways' JC Jumpstart Grad Program, in which our Guidance Coordinator and Student Services Generalists assist seniors in preparing for the JC transition prior to graduation
- Financial Aid Information
- JC Dual Enrollment
- Other Paths Beyond Pathways
- Where Will You Go?
- Diploma Alternatives Note: Pathways is a diploma-bound only program. We can provide information about the CHSPE and/or GED if a student plans to transition out of our program and is considering these options.