Welcome to College and Career Advising!
This page is your first stop for all of your College and Career Advising needs. Please explore the topic-specific tabs to the right for additional information. Pathways actively supports students in developing an individualized learning plan to support their post-high school goals. For some students, this means direct entrance to a UC, CSU or private college and Pathways has a full complement of a to g approved courses which allow students to enter a university directly following high school. Others may want to attend a local community college and transfer to a university after earning their AA/AS degree, or complete an industry certificate program. Finally, other students may choose to embark on a career or other life plan. We can support all of these pathways. We offer guidance and support in a variety of formats including:
- Academic Advising
- Trained and experienced Independent Study Teachers (ISTs) who help students develop individualized 4-year learning plans
- Senior Grad Check meetings with our Guidance Coordinator
- College Information
- 4-year college advising with our Guidance Coordinator
- All other college information including 2-year degrees (AA/AS), 2-year to 4-year transfer tracks, Community College Certificate Programs, General JC interest without a program in mind, with our Guidance Coordinator and Student Services Generalist
- Financial Aid Information
- FAFSA and CA Dream Act Application Information
- JC Jumpstart Support
- Dual enrollment information
- Career Exploration information and use of Naviance which is a comprehensive college and career readiness platform that enables self-discovery, career exploration, and college preparation.
- Other Paths Beyond Pathways
- Military information
- Diploma Alternatives Note: Pathways is a diploma-bound only program. We can provide information about the CHSPE and/or GED if a student plans to transition out of our program and is considering these options.