Please click the hyper link below to see the curriculum chart:
A math program has two major components:
1) Grade-level Content Standards.
- See Academics- Common Core- Standards: Math to review your child's grade-level roadmap.
- See your child’s grade-level learning period student assignment sheet for specifics.
2) Standards of Mathematical Practice.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in problem solving.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated
The curricula recommended in the chart linked above cover the content and, to a large extent, promote the use of the standards of mathematical practice. In any instances where a curriculum may need to be supplemented, it will be noted. We have also tried to include feedback from parents and staff on how easy this curriculum is to implement in a home setting (independent study or IS). Finally, the chart has four sections:
- Grades K-5
- Grades 6-8
- Online Programs
- Supplemental Resources